12-Step Addiction Treatment Program
12-Step recovery has long been considered a helpful way to recover from alcohol and drug addiction. Facilities like Zinnia Health utilize the 12 steps along with evidence-based and holistic treatments to help you learn to live a sober life.
Looking for a 12-step recovery option? Zinnia Health has your back.
12-Step Programs for Alcohol and Drug Use Disorders
The 12-step program is credited with helping thousands of people recover from drug and alcohol addiction. Our 12-step program is evidence-based and pairs psychotherapy with divinity to recover from addiction. Anyone can practice the 12-step model. We emphasize recovery and your personal spirituality.
Zinnia Health offers a safe space for recovery and helps clients overcome the underlying causes of addiction. The 12-steps in particular help clients surrender guilt and blame to a higher power to seek recovery. Therapy helps correct negative self talk, establish healthy coping skills, and reconnect clients with their authentic selves.
Our 12-step addiction recovery program follows the traditional model and emphasizes on admitting one’s powerlessness, acknowledging short-comings, and making amends to those one has wronged.
Throughout treatment you’ll learn how to healthily regulate your emotions, and positively cope with depression, anger, and anxiety. Our approach is holistic and includes recreational therapies to reconnect with one’s higher self to create the change necessary for sobriety.
What Are the 12 Steps?
The 12 steps are as follows, rewritten from a first person perspective:
- I admit I am powerless over drugs and alcohol. These burdens have become too unmanageable in my life.
- I believe there is a higher power that can restore my sanity.
- I make the conscious decision to turn my life over to the care of my higher power.
- I will earnestly look inward and examine my moral behavior honestly.
- I admit to God, and my witness (another human being) the details of all my wrong-doings.
- I am ready for God to free me from my addiction and addictive behaviors.
- I humbly ask that all of my shortcomings are removed.
- I will make a list of each individual I have wronged, and atone for my actions.
- I pledge to make direct amends to all I have harmed intentionally or not; in the event my involvement would cause undue pain, I will atone from afar.
- I will continue to take a tireless inventory of my behavior, promptly admitting wrong-doing.
- I will seek enlightenment through prayer, meditation, and my higher power. Through Him I seek the strength to carry out His will.
- I will share my spiritual awakening with all who struggle with addiction, and lead them into the fold of the 12-steps.
Although there may be subtle differences of how the 12-steps are approach in a recovery environment, the 12-steps are widely celebrated and credited by thousands for helping them achieve long-term sobriety.
Our 12-step program couples the above steps with individual therapy and aftercare planning.
The 12-Step Program Works With Zinnia Health
Once you arrive to treatment you will undergo inpatient medical detoxification upon arrival. During the detox period, which typically lasts from seven to ten days, you will experience withdrawal from your substance of choice.
We offer medical monitoring around the clock and treatment for the sometimes painful symptoms of withdrawal. Attempting to undergo detox on one’s own is dangerous and can be life threatening in some instances.
After completing detoxification you’ll begin the brunt of recovery in residential inpatient treatment. During residential care clients participate in individual, group, and recreational therapy to target all aspects of addiction and continuing wellness.
Our programs are based around cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT) and teach clients how to regulate their emotions, make healthy decisions, and reframe their state of mind.
Because the 12-steps is largely a group affair, those who enroll in our 12-step program may expect to participate in group therapy daily. Group therapy helps clients develop empathy, resonate with peers, and draw strength from the shared experiences of others. Many who meet in rehabilitation and commit to the path of sobriety long-term remain friends for a lifetime.
By completing the 12 steps, you’ll find yourself deeply in tune with your immediate, ongoing, and future needs to live a healthy, productive life — without the use of addictive substances.
How the 12 Steps Enrich Your Treatment and Future
Our 12-step program models can be adopted to all of our treatment offerings including:
- Medical Detoxification
- Residential Inpatient Treatment
- Partial Hospitalization Program (PHP)
- Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP)
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT)
- Trauma Therapy and EMDR
- Recreation Therapy
Build a strong foundation in recovery with our evidence-based 12 step recovery programs. Call (855) 430-9439 now for addiction recovery aligned with the 12 steps.