Wyoming Rehab Centers for Drugs & Alcohol
With nearly 50 addiction treatment centers throughout Wyoming, there are many programs to choose from, including inpatient residential, outpatient, and telehealth services. In addition, about a dozen of these facilities specialize in medical detox programs.
If you’re concerned about the cost of treatment, rest assured that an emergency room or state-run facility will never turn you away. Non-profit programs, grants, and insurance can also cover some or all of your costs, allowing you to focus on getting the care you need.
How Many Rehab Centers are Available in Wyoming?
There are currently 49 registered substance use disorder facilities in the state of Wyoming, according to FindTreatment.gov.
- Medical detox programs are available at 13 facilities. These programs can help you through the initial process of quitting drugs or alcohol and managing the withdrawal symptoms in the time to follow. Most detox programs last three to ten days, but some last a month. The length of your stay depends on the severity of your withdrawal symptoms and other complications.
- Hospitalization is available at five facilities. Considered the most intense form of treatment, hospitalization programs provide 24/7 care from licensed healthcare professionals. These treatment programs are sometimes recommended for those needing emergency detox services and high-risk individuals, like those with suicidal thoughts, which the withdrawal process may intensify. Most people transition from hospitalization into residential treatment within one to three weeks.
- Inpatient residential treatment is available at 14 facilities. Residential treatment programs are what most people think of when they hear the term “drug rehab.” These programs allow you to live in a home-like environment focusing on holistic healing, often with access to support groups, family counseling, and wellness programs. Part of your program may also emphasize fitness and nutrition as part of your recovery plan.
- Outpatient treatment is available at 41 facilities. Outpatient treatment is the most flexible of all levels of care, allowing you to live at home or in a sober living residence. However, you’ll need to attend multiple appointments each day, which requires reliable transportation and proximity to the recovery center. Most outpatient programs last for three months.
Where in Wyoming Are Rehab Treatment Centers Located?
There are addiction treatment facilities throughout the state of Wyoming, but many are located around the more populated areas such as:
- Sheridan: There are four addiction treatment centers within a 25-mile radius of Sheridan, located in the north-central area of Wyoming, about halfway between Yellowstone National Park and Mount Rushmore. All of these facilities offer telehealth services. Three are residential treatment centers.
- Casper: You’ll find four addiction treatment centers in the Casper area, located in the east-central part of the state and home to the National Historic Trails Interpretive Center. One of these centers offers residential treatment, and all offer outpatient services.
- Cheyenne: There are six addiction treatment centers around Cheyenne in the state’s southeastern corner. All of these centers offer outpatient treatment and two offer residential treatment. Cheyenne is famous for its Frontier Days Old West Museum and plenty of other “Old West” attractions.
- Gillette: Three addiction treatment centers are around Gillette, a historical rail hub and coal and oil production center in Wyoming’s northeastern corner. One of the centers offers residential programs, and all provide outpatient services and telehealth appointments.
Zinnia Health has rehab centers in nearby Colorado, just a short drive from Cheyenne, four hours from Casper, and about six hours from Sheridan. Home-like facilities in Denver, Lakewood, and Broomfield provide state-of-the-art services with a focus on compassionate care. Separate housing for men and women and alternatives to traditional 12-step programs are available.
How to Choose the Best Rehab in Wyoming for You
Given the sheer number of options for addiction treatment in Wyoming, you don’t need to choose just any treatment facility. Instead, to help you make a sound decision based on your individual situation, needs, and preferences, follow these steps:
- Gather information: Learning about your area’s treatment providers and the services they offer will help narrow down your options. For instance, some have a sliding fee scale, while others may offer flexible payment options. Quality of care is also essential, so read client reviews and look at a facility’s website for more information about its track record.
- Ask the right questions: Asking the right questions about the facilities you’re considering and your insurance coverage will help you choose the right path forward. Your health insurance, for instance, may require you to go to a facility with accreditation or work only with in-network providers. In addition, some facilities may not offer certain services that could benefit you, such as medication-assisted treatment.
- Consider the location: Wyoming recovery centers are located throughout the state, but that doesn’t mean the one closest to you is necessarily the best fit. Compare rehab programs from around the state, and remember that inpatient treatment options won’t require you to commute during the one- to three-month programs. However, if you prefer an outpatient program, keep that commute in mind.
- Seek advice and support: Having someone in your corner can make all the difference when it comes to sustainable recovery. Your healthcare provider or family doctor can help you compare and coordinate treatment. Support groups in your area and social services may also be of assistance, especially if you’re looking for referrals and recommendations.
- Trust your instincts: Substance abuse treatment is an extremely challenging personal journey, so it’s essential to choose a team that’s qualified, experienced, and able to make you feel welcomed and understood. Talking to a facility over the phone and touring in person are good ways to get a sense of the environment and atmosphere to know if it’s a good fit.
Factors to Consider
As you’re looking into the various types of treatment programs, it’s critical to consider the following:
- Types of Programs: Substance use treatment can take many forms, and the program you choose should be flexible enough to fit your needs and circumstances. Inpatient treatment provides more support, while outpatient treatment tends to be more affordable and allows you to continue living at home.
- Treatment Methods: Not all facilities offer the same services. Some focus more on evidence-based methods, while others incorporate experiential therapies like art and music therapy. Any facility you consider should have licensed mental and behavioral health services professionals on staff, as they play a key role in rehabilitation.
- Credentials and Experience: Not all drug and alcohol treatment centers are accredited by organizations such as The Joint Commission. While rehab centers don’t necessarily have to provide the highest level of care, it’s a consideration. Even more so, you should consider the experience and qualifications of the individuals who will be providing care. If you can, ask about their track record dealing with the substances and mental health concerns you’re facing.
- Amenities and Services: Beyond the core services necessary for recovery, many facilities incorporate additional amenities and services to make the treatment process more holistic — to focus on the whole person, not just the addiction. This is especially true for residential facilities, which may provide nutritionists, fitness programs, and weekend outings.
Zinnia Health Denver
Zinnia Health Denver has locations in Denver, Broomfield, and Lakewood, allowing you to recover from drug or alcohol abuse in a safe, restorative environment. Surrounded by the gorgeous Rocky Mountains under the big open sky, these facilities provide:
- Medical detox programs
- Inpatient residential treatment in a home-like setting
- Safe housing, with separate quarters for men and women
- Partial hospitalization programs or daytime treatment
- Stress management and mindfulness groups
- Weekend outings and on-site fitness centers
All of Zinnia Health’s programs take a holistic approach to addiction recovery, incorporating evidence-based treatment methods alongside meditation, art therapy, music therapy, and other wellness techniques.
Does Insurance Cover Drug & Alcohol Rehab in Wyoming?
If you have any form of insurance, it will cover at least some costs associated with addiction treatment.
- Private Insurance: Your insurance provider can explain your benefits and any limitations or restrictions. For instance, they may not cover counseling services from a non-licensed provider.
- Marketplace Plans: Marketplace plans, part of the Affordable Care Act (ACA), cover 60% to 90% of addiction treatment costs, depending on your plan. Prior authorizations may be required to receive coverage.
- Medicaid: State Medicaid may cover some or all your treatment costs, but it may limit aspects like your length of stay in a hospital. If you also have Medicare, you’ll unlock additional coverage.
- Military Insurance: Military insurance, also known as TRICARE, may require you to go through some hoops to prove you have a dependency on drugs or alcohol, but it generally covers a long list of services — except for aversion therapy and experiential treatments.
Do All Rehab Centers in Wyoming Treat Alcohol & Drug Addiction?
Not all facilities in Wyoming offer addiction treatment services. Out of 84, only 49 can help with drug and alcohol addiction. The other facilities provide valuable mental and behavioral health services, but they simply cannot provide the specialized treatment necessary to help someone safely quit and recover from addiction.
How to Find a Drug & Alcohol Rehab Treatment Help Near You
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Ombudsman Program: (888) 857-1942
- Alcoholics Anonymous Meeting Guide – SAMHSA
- Certified Community Behavioral Health Clinics – SAMHSA
- Wyoming Department of Health – Behavioral Health and Mental Health and Substance Use Treatment Services: (855) 400-1115
What is the Typical Cost of Rehab in Wyoming?
The average cost of addiction treatment in Wyoming is $66,000. However, this number can be substantially higher or lower depending on key factors, like your length of stay in the recovery program, the type of facility you chose (i.e., state-run vs. privately owned), and whether you begin your recovery as an inpatient or outpatient.
To give you a better idea of treatment costs, consider these averages:
- Residential inpatient treatment averages $42,500, with a range of $5,000 to $80,000, depending on location and amenities.
- Publicly-funded long-term treatment programs average $8,000, but they can cost more for specialized treatment.
- Private long-term treatment programs average $20,000 or more.
- Sober living homes average $1,500 to $2,000 a month, but they do not provide treatment programs.
If you’re concerned about costs, remember that these numbers do not reflect out-of-pocket expenses. Insurance coverage, grant programs, and other forms of assistance can significantly reduce your out-of-pocket expenses or even eliminate them completely. Regardless of your financial situation, help is available.
What is the Rehab Hotline to Call for Wyoming?
If you’re looking for addiction treatment services in Wyoming, call the Zinnia Health helpline at (855) 430-9439. This helpline is open 24 hours a day, seven days a week, to provide confidential information about treatment options, costs, and recovery services available in your area.
Can You Detox in Wyoming?
Yes, you can detox in Wyoming, but it’s strongly advised that you don’t try to detox without medical advice. If you have any mental health issues, such as depression, anxiety, or post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), improper detoxing can worsen them. Participating in a medical detox program guided by professionals will allow you to safely taper off the substances you’re using and minimize withdrawal symptoms.
Is Detox the Same as Rehab?
No, detox is not the same as rehab. While both rehab and detox are important to the recovery process, they are different stages. Detox refers to the initial phase where a person stops using a substance and goes through withdrawal, which generally lasts three to ten days. At that point, they’re ready to begin rehabilitation, which is when they’ll learn how to manage triggers and prevent relapse.
How Long Does a Typical Stay at a Detox Center in Wyoming Last?
The typical detox process lasts 7 to 10 days. Still, some programs can last up to a month, especially for those dealing with severe addiction and/or dual diagnosis, which means co-occurring mental health conditions, such as depression. If you believe you or a loved one may be at risk of potentially life-threatening withdrawal symptoms, it’s best to pursue inpatient detoxification at a hospital.
Are There Emergency Detox Centers in Wyoming?
Yes, there are emergency detox centers in Wyoming. Hospital emergency room medical staff are trained to help people start and continue the detox process. There are also 13 dedicated facilities offering medical detox programs in Wyoming, and some of these centers may offer same-day admissions. If you need help right away, call 911.
Are There Any Free Detox Centers in Wyoming?
Yes, there are free detox centers in Wyoming. All emergency rooms are trained and obligated to provide free care for those looking to quit using drugs or alcohol. In addition, grant programs may be available to cover treatment costs at a private facility. Non-profit and faith-based facilities may also provide free treatment to eligible individuals.