Oklahoma Rehab Centers for Drugs & Alcohol
There are over 160 addiction treatment options across Oklahoma, giving individuals a choice between inpatient and outpatient rehab. These flexible programs employ the latest evidence-based methods, ensuring lasting recovery. Cost is often a concern, but there are many ways to cover your treatment. State Medicaid and private insurance plans will always cover at least some of the expenses associated with addiction recovery. Grants and state programs are also available, even for those without insurance.
How Many Rehab Centers Are Available in Oklahoma?
There are currently 161 registered substance use disorder facilities in the state of Oklahoma, according to FindTreatment.gov. These facilities may offer inpatient residential programs and/or outpatient services, with many allowing you to transition between different levels of care.
All addiction rehab facilities offer some level of care for mental health disorders, especially those that often occur alongside substance use (such as depression). However, if you have a co-occurring disorder, it’s important to tell treatment providers so you can choose a well-equipped facility to help you address it alongside substance use recovery.
The FindTreatment.gov website offers information on the types of services each facility provides.
Where in Oklahoma Are Rehab Treatment Centers Located?
There are substance abuse treatment centers throughout Oklahoma, and no matter where you live, you can coordinate with a provider to get help in the form of an inpatient or outpatient program.
There are several detox, outpatient care, and inpatient facilities around the areas of:
- Oklahoma City: As the capital of Oklahoma, Oklahoma City has several rehab centers and outpatient treatment programs. There are 32 facilities within just 25 miles of the city center, with 5 offering residential treatment.
- Tulsa: Located on the Arkansas River, Tulsa has 19 rehab centers located within 25 miles. Almost all offer some form of outpatient program, and three are residential.
- Cleveland County: Located in Central Oklahoma, Cleveland County has 29 rehab centers within a 25-mile radius. Four of these facilities offer residential treatment, and most offer outpatient care.
Zinnia Health’s nearest facility is located in Colorado, which offers residential treatment and a holistic approach to recovery. Zinnia Health includes peer support groups, counseling, and medical appointments as part of the addiction treatment process. By delivering care in a home-like environment, individuals leave feeling restored and prepared to continue a life of sobriety.
How to Choose the Best Rehab in Oklahoma for You?
There is no one-size-fits-all approach to addiction treatment. When choosing a facility to help you with recovery, it’s important to understand your options so that you can get into a program that best matches your needs and lifestyle. To make the right choice, follow these steps:
- Get Support: If you can, ask a loved one for assistance in choosing a rehabilitation center. Also, consider involving your primary healthcare provider, who can coordinate services for you. A social worker may also be able to assist you, especially if you have Medicaid or Medicare. Lastly, consider finding a support group in your area.
- Gather Information: Use tools like findtreatment.gov to learn about the facilities available to you and the services they offer. Look beyond outpatient vs. inpatient treatment and consider what methods they use. For instance, some facilities still use 12-step programs, while others have moved to more fluid and customized approaches.
- Ask Questions: Once you have some facilities in mind, don’t hesitate to call their helplines and speak with the team. This is a good opportunity to get additional information but also to assess how friendly and knowledgeable their team seems to be. It’s also important to ask questions of your insurance provider if you have healthcare insurance.
- Consider a Tour: Seeing a facility in person and meeting the team can help you make an informed decision if this is an option for you. You should also look at the facility’s website and view any photos or videos they offer to get a feel for the environment. It’s important that you find yourself in a comfortable, supportive atmosphere.
Factors to Consider
Consider the following:
- Accreditation: Seek out a program that uses evidence-based treatment methods and employs licensed therapists, counselors, and healthcare professionals.
- Personalization: Look for a facility that offers customized treatment plans designed to suit your needs, long-term goals, and current mental and physical health challenges.
- On-going support: The best facilities know relapse prevention is critical to ensuring long-term success. As an outpatient, either from the beginning or when you graduate from an inpatient program, you should receive text/phone support and access to mental wellness and healthcare resources.
Zinnia Health’s closest facility locations are situated in Colorado, Indiana, and Florida, providing best-in-class treatment programs and support services to those seeking lasting recovery from substance use. Call us at (855) 430-9439 to learn more.
Does Insurance Cover Drug & Alcohol Rehab in Oklahoma?
You are entitled to substance abuse treatment if you have insurance in Oklahoma. However, the extent of your coverage and potential out-of-pocket costs will vary depending on your plan.
The Affordable Care Act (ACA) requires private insurance companies in every state to provide some coverage for alcohol and drug rehab.
In most cases, you will never be completely denied coverage as it is considered an essential benefit. However, your coverage will vary depending on your plan type. Ask your insurer for more information or ask the facility to contact them on your behalf.
If you purchased your plan through the Health Insurance Marketplace operated by the federal government, certain guarantees are made, such as:
- Rehab benefits will be available to you the day your coverage starts (there will not be any waiting period).
- There will never be a yearly or lifetime dollar limit on any essential benefits like mental health and substance abuse treatment.
- Pre-existing conditions — including a history of substance use — will never lead to costs or denial of coverage if you have a Marketplace plan.
When you compare plans in the Marketplace, you can see the specific benefits each plan offers for mental health and behavioral health services. If you need to check your coverage, log in to your insurance provider’s website or call a rehab facility, and they can check your benefits for you.
Oklahoma’s Medicaid program, known as SoonerCare, provides coverage for mental health services along with drug and alcohol treatment. SoonerCare covers medication-assisted therapy (MAT) and opioid treatment programs (OTPs) with prior authorization. It can also cover tobacco cessation.
Both inpatient and outpatient mental and behavioral health services are covered with SoonerCare. Detox and residential substance use disorder services and outpatient programs for substance use are also covered.
Before receiving certain services, you may need prior authorization, which means the service provider or facility must check with SoonerCare first. The sooner you contact a facility and give them your coverage information, the sooner you can be approved.
Lastly, if you are concerned about getting to the treatment facility or attending outpatient appointments, Medicaid may be able to help with transportation. You can learn more about Oklahoma’s Medicaid and how to enroll on the official website.
TRICARE (Military Insurance)
TRICARE is the health insurance program provided to active and retired service members and their families. If you have TRICARE, substance use treatment is considered an essential benefit, meaning some or all of the care costs may be covered.
While TRICARE does not cover aversion therapy or experimental treatments such as music therapy, it may help pay for:
- Detox services
- Inpatient services at emergency and residential facilities
- Intensive outpatient programs, which consist of multiple services each week
- Medication-assisted treatment
- Opioid treatment programs
- Partial hospitalization programs
If you have TRICARE or think you may be eligible, you can learn more about coverage on the official website.
Do All Rehab Centers in Oklahoma Treat Alcohol & Drug Addiction?
No, not all rehab centers in Oklahoma can help with alcohol and drug addiction. Out of 268 licensed rehab facilities in the state, only 161 offer treatment services for alcohol and drug abuse. While the other rehab facilities’ mental and behavioral health services can be valuable to a person overcoming substance use, addiction requires specialized care.
Substance abuse services include mental and behavioral health components, detox, interventions, peer support groups, and aftercare. The complexities of withdrawal and the potential need for medication-assisted treatment mean that you should seek out a rehab center specializing in alcohol and drug addiction recovery.
How to Find a Drug & Alcohol Rehab Treatment Help Near You
- Free Addiction Recovery Hotlines in Oklahoma
- Alcoholics Anonymous Meeting Guide from SAMHSA
- Certified Community Behavioral Health Clinics
- Oklahoma healthcare provider directory
- Oklahoma Association of Youth Services
What Is the Typical Cost of Rehab in Oklahoma?
The cost of rehab varies depending on where you are located within Oklahoma, the type of facility you choose, and the type of program you enroll in.
Across the board, treatment costs start at:
- $1,750 for medical detox programs
- $6,000/month for inpatient rehabilitation programs
- $5,000 for a 90-day outpatient rehab program
These numbers will change based on various factors and do not represent your out-of-pocket costs. For instance, you may owe nothing if you have insurance. Your out-of-pocket cost will also depend on whether or not you have insurance and the type of insurance you have. All insurance plans will cover at least a portion of your treatment costs.
If you can’t afford treatment, sponsorships and alternative payment options can help you get the care you need. Whether or not you think you can cover the cost of treatment, money should not be a deciding factor in seeking help with your addiction. Resources are available to help you enroll in substance use treatment regardless of your ability to pay.
What Is the Rehab Hotline to Call for Oklahoma?
If you’re looking for rehab programs in Oklahoma, dial (855) 430-9439 to connect with an addiction specialist at Zinnia Health. They are available 24/7 to answer your questions about treatment and help you find the recovery program that’s right for you. If you or a loved one is experiencing an overdose or emergency, dial 911 instead.
Can You Detox in Oklahoma?
Yes, detoxing from drugs and alcohol is legal in Oklahoma. The detox process may involve gradually tapering off the substances you use and/or taking certain medications to ease withdrawal symptoms. The goal of a detox is to protect your mental and physical health while minimizing discomfort, which is why the guidance of addiction specialists is critical.
Is Detox the Same as Rehab?
Detox is not the same as rehab. Rehab refers to the holistic treatment of addiction through an inpatient or outpatient treatment program. Detox is the first step in rehab, usually lasting about two weeks. During detox, the body adjusts to the absence of drugs or alcohol. Once detox is complete, healing can begin with the help of mental and behavioral therapy.
How Long Does a Typical Stay at a Detox Center in Oklahoma Last?
The detoxification process typically lasts seven to 14 days, but it may be longer depending on the substances you use, how much you take, and how long you have been using them. Quitting at a detox center can lessen the uncomfortable and potentially dangerous symptoms of the withdrawal process, helping you avoid relapse and complete your detox sooner.
Are There Emergency Detox Centers in Oklahoma?
Oklahoma hospitals are trained to handle addiction and are legally responsible for providing care to individuals suffering from substance use disorder. If you need immediate help overcoming your addiction, do not hesitate to visit your local emergency room. There are also dedicated detox centers and rehab facilities throughout the state; you can find the closest location at findtreatment.gov.
Are There Any Free Detox Centers in Oklahoma?
Recovery centers throughout the state of Oklahoma often provide free care, and if they do not have space available, they can help you locate a facility that does. If you’re unsure whether or not you qualify for grants or Oklahoma Medicaid, both of which will cover the cost of your rehab, you can call our rehab hotline at (855) 430-9439.