North Dakota Rehab Centers for Drugs & Alcohol
There are over 50 rehabs in North Dakota for drugs and alcohol, offering various traditional and alternative treatment programs and other support for individuals suffering from substance abuse. Achieving lasting recovery is possible here in the Peace Garden State. That’s North Dakota’s official state nickname, but one of its unofficial nicknames is just one word: Heaven.
Depending on your recovery needs and goals, rehabs in North Dakota offer detox, inpatient residential treatment, partial hospitalization programs (PHPs), intensive outpatient programs (IOPs), aftercare programs and services, and more.
Substance abuse is widespread across the country and in North Dakota. It doesn’t discriminate — it affects people from all walks of life and their family and friends — but too often, adolescents and adults struggling with addiction don’t get the treatment services they need.
You might feel ashamed and think it somehow lessens who you are. Or you might be looking for a drug treatment program or alcohol treatment, but you see the average cost and skip it because it costs too much. But many rehab programs have payment options, and you can’t put a price on your health.
Your recovery is priceless. North Dakotans can find personalized treatment for substance abuse at Zinnia Health. We work with most insurance providers, and our 24-hour helpline (855) 430-9439 is here to answer any questions about our programs. Let us help you start your journey toward healing today.
How Many Rehab Centers are Available in North Dakota?
There are currently 60 registered substance use disorder facilities in the state of North Dakota, according to FindTreatment.gov. Thankfully, these rehab centers are spread pretty evenly across the state, with several located along I-94, in major cities, and in the state’s rural areas. Hopefully, there’s an addiction treatment center near you with programs that suit your needs.
Where in North Dakota Are Rehab Treatment Centers Located?
Drug rehab centers in North Dakota are evenly scattered across the state from Dickinson to Fargo, helping individuals seeking help for drug and alcohol addiction to find a nearby facility.
Some of the major cities with inpatient and outpatient rehab centers include:
- Fargo: Located near the I-29 and I-94 interchange just east of the Minnesota border, Fargo is the largest city in North Dakota — in square miles and residents. Fargo also has the greatest concentration of substance use treatment centers in the state, some of which also offer mental health services and opioid treatment programs.
- Bismarck: Bismarck is just slightly southwest of the middle of North Dakota. The Missouri River snakes through the west side of Bismarck, and all but one of the city’s substance abuse treatment centers are located on the east side of the Missouri.
- Grand Forks: Grand Forks is located in Grand Forks County, North Dakota along I-29. A few substance use treatment and rehab centers in this county offer a range of treatment options for drug or alcohol addiction recovery.
In addition to these urban areas, you’ll find rehab facilities in more rural locations of North Dakota, such as Belcourt, Devils Lake, and Cando, so North Dakota residents can choose a center based on their preference for urban or rural settings.
How to Choose the Best Rehab in North Dakota for You
Understanding what to look for in a rehab facility is essential in making an informed decision that aligns with your goals.
To find the treatment program most suitable for you:
- Research: Use reliable resources such as reputable websites, testimonials, and reviews to gain insights into different rehab centers in North Dakota. Look for The Joint Commission or CARF accreditation, other certifications, and staff qualifications. Ensure the facility has a comprehensive range of treatment options tailored to address your specific needs.
- Talk to treatment centers about programs: Reach out to the rehab centers that pique your interest and ask questions. Inquire about their treatment philosophies, therapies offered, staff-to-patient ratio, aftercare programs, and success rates. A reputable rehab center will be open, transparent, and willing to provide the necessary information to help you make an informed decision.
- Consider where you’d be most comfortable: Reflect on whether you prefer a rehab center close to home for family support or a more secluded setting that promotes a retreat-like environment. North Dakota’s natural beauty can provide a serene backdrop for healing, but it’s essential to find a location that suits your personal circumstances and comfort level.
- Ask for recommendations: Reach out to healthcare professionals, therapists, or individuals who have gone through rehab personally. Their insights and experiences can provide valuable guidance and help you make an informed choice.
- Trust your gut: While gathering information and opinions is crucial, trust your gut feeling. Pay attention to how you connect with the rehab center’s staff, the atmosphere, and the overall vibe of the facility. Your intuition often guides you toward the right choice.
Factors to Consider
The following aspects of rehab are also important to consider:
- Inpatient treatment vs. Outpatient treatment: Determine whether you need residential or outpatient care. Residential programs provide 24-hour support and structured living environments. In contrast, outpatient programs allow patients to live at home and attend therapy sessions during the day.
- Traditional or Experiential programs: Research different behavioral health approaches used by various facilities, such as cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT), motivational interviewing (MI), group therapy, and family therapy. It’s important to find the best treatment approach for you because each treatment provider or type of treatment can meet different needs.
- Amenities and Services: Consider what additional services might benefit your recovery process, such as holistic therapies, nutritional counseling, or recreational activities.
Zinnia Health has two locations near North Dakota. If you’re looking for treatment programs in urban areas, our Colorado location offers four inpatient residential treatment centers in home-like settings in Denver and surrounding neighborhoods. It’s an 11-hour drive from Bismarck or a two-hour flight from Minot International Airport (MOT).
If you prefer the solace of a rural community instead, our Indiana location (a 16.5-hour drive or four-hour flight) offers a home-like setting in the farming community of South Bend. Below, you’ll find more information about these two Zinnia Health locations.
Zinnia Health Denver
Nestled amidst the tranquil landscapes near the Colorado border, Zinnia Health Denver stands as a beacon of hope for those grappling with addiction. Understanding the pain points and the urgency of seeking treatment, this exceptional rehab center offers four locations across the city and a comprehensive approach to treatment. It’s one of the best options for recovery near North Dakota.
People have unique needs along the journey to sobriety, and Zinnia Health understands. We provide gender-specific housing, ensuring a safe and supportive environment that fosters open communication and camaraderie among peers. This specialized approach acknowledges the distinct challenges and dynamics men and women face in addiction recovery.
Zinnia Health Indiana
In the charming farmland of South Bend, Zinnia Health Indiana offers a rural approach to recovery with a strong commitment to personalized care and treatment methodologies. We offer secular and Christian alternatives to traditional 12-step programs, recognizing that different people have different belief systems and philosophies. By embracing diverse paths to recovery, Zinnia Health Indiana offers an approach that individuals find easy to align with their values and beliefs.
We’re dedicated to whole-person approaches and provide a comprehensive framework for addressing the many pain points of addiction to alcohol, illegal substances, and prescription drugs. Beyond conventional therapies, Zinnia Health’s South Bend treatment center offers home-cooked meals planned by respected nutritionists and integrates the transformative power of yoga sessions for an all-encompassing approach to recovery that nurtures the mind, body, and spirit.
Does Insurance Cover Drug & Alcohol Rehab in North Dakota?
Insurance coverage for drug and alcohol rehab in North Dakota varies depending on the specific insurance plan and treatment center. Under the Affordable Care Act (ACA), many insurance providers are obligated to provide coverage for substance abuse treatment. That means if you have an ACA-compliant plan, at least a portion of your rehab costs will be covered.
Review your policy or contact your provider to determine your health insurance coverage. Some common types of insurance plans that may provide coverage for addiction treatment include:
- Medicaid and Medicare: North Dakota Medicaid covers various levels of care for substance use disorders, including detoxification services, outpatient counseling, and other treatments for eligible North Dakotans. Medicare may also provide coverage for treatment, but the eligibility requirements are much stricter.
- Private insurance plans: Private insurance carriers like Blue Cross Blue Shield, Cigna, and UnitedHealthcare often offer coverage for addiction treatments. The extent of coverage depends on individual policies.
- Military insurance (TRICARE): TRICARE provides comprehensive mental health and substance use disorder benefits to eligible military personnel and their families. It may even provide full coverage for any substance abuse treatment programs using evidence-based methodologies. TRICARE won’t cover experiential treatments.
If you’re unsure about your insurance options or need assistance finding a suitable rehab facility in North Dakota that accepts your insurance plan, call Zinnia Health at (855) 430-9439. Our team can help you explore treatment options, including faith-based rehab, medical detox, and addiction treatment. We also offer treatment admissions and relapse prevention services to help you or your loved one overcome alcohol addiction. Contact us today to learn more.
Do All Rehab Centers in North Dakota Treat Alcohol & Drug Addiction?
Not all North Dakota drug rehabs offer treatment for alcohol and drug addiction. Some facilities may specialize in treating specific types of substance abuse, while others provide comprehensive care for various addictions. It’s important to research the available choices and pick a center that best accommodates your necessities or your beloved’s.
To help you make an informed decision, here are some common types of rehab centers:
- Inpatient treatment: These facilities provide round-the-clock care and support for individuals with severe addiction issues. They typically offer detoxification services, therapy sessions, counseling services, medical supervision, and other addiction services throughout the recovery process.
- Outpatient treatment: With outpatient treatment, individuals can continue their journey while living in the comfort of their own homes. These programs become the bridge between independence and support, offering a flexible approach for those with milder dependency or those who have completed an inpatient program but feel they still want the structure of rehab and the reinforcement of support groups.
- Dual diagnosis treatment: Dual diagnosis centers address co-occurring mental health disorders alongside addiction treatment. If you struggle with depression, anxiety, other mental health concerns, and substance abuse, consider seeking a dual diagnosis facility to get the mental health treatment you need.
Contacting each potential facility helps you learn if they offer evaluations and appropriate treatments tailored to your needs.
How to Find a Drug & Alcohol Rehab Treatment Help Near You
These resources will help you find the best treatment options in North Dakota. Substance abuse toll-free numbers include:
Statewide informational services:
- 2-1-1 North Dakota Help Is Here: As a free, statewide community information and referral service, this dynamic program, proudly offered by the North Dakota Department of Human Service Center, is here to assist you. Connecting is a breeze — dial 211.
- North Dakota 24-Hour Suicide & Crisis Lifeline: Dial 9-8-8, 24 hours/day, 7 days/week.
Free support groups and other resources:
- Alcoholics Anonymous meetings in North Dakota
- Narcotics Anonymous meetings in North Dakota
- North Dakota Department of Human Services
The Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) also offers free resources to help you find the rehabilitation center that’s right for you.
What Is the Typical Cost of Rehab in North Dakota?
The cost of rehab in North Dakota depends on the type and duration of treatment, location, available amenities, private health insurance policy, and whether the treatment program is offered by a private substance use treatment facility or a state-funded program.
Generally, outpatient programs are less expensive than residential or inpatient treatments. Here’s a breakdown of typical costs for different types of rehab:
- Outpatient treatment: $1,000+ per month
- Inpatient/residential treatment: $6,000+ per month
- Private/Luxury rehabs: $30,000+ per month
Note that these figures are only estimates. Every facility has its own fees for treatments, so these amounts may not reflect the exact cost at every facility. Be sure to research various options before committing to one program.
To make rehab more affordable for those who need it most, subsidies and grants from federal or state agencies, along with Medicaid coverage, might be available for eligible individuals. Sliding-scale payment plans based on income levels or financial hardships can also help reduce out-of-pocket expenses.
In this section, we will address some frequently asked questions about rehab centers in North Dakota.
What Is the Rehab Hotline to Call for North Dakota?
If you or a loved one needs help finding a rehab center in North Dakota for alcohol or drug abuse, call the Zinnia Health hotline at (855) 430-9439. Our trained team of professionals is available to answer any queries or worries about rehab options for addiction.
Can You Detox in North Dakota?
Yes, detox programs are available in North Dakota to help you withdraw from substance use safely. In addition, many rehab centers in North Dakota offer detox services as part of their comprehensive addiction treatment programs. Detoxification helps individuals safely manage withdrawal symptoms while beginning their recovery journey.
The detox process can be uncomfortable and potentially dangerous, so it’s critical to get help from a specialist. Detox centers may use a tapering schedule or provide medication-assisted treatment (MAT) to reduce withdrawal symptoms and protect your health.
Is Detox the Same as Rehab?
No, detox is just one component of a complete rehabilitation program. While detox focuses on managing withdrawal symptoms and cleansing the body of harmful substances, rehab provides therapy and support to address underlying issues contributing to addiction.
How Long Does a Typical Stay at a Detox Center in North Dakota Last?
A typical stay at a North Dakota detox center lasts between three to seven days, depending on individual needs and addiction severity.
Are There Emergency Detox Centers in North Dakota?
Several facilities provide emergency care for those experiencing severe withdrawal symptoms or medical complications related to substance abuse. These specialized centers ensure patients receive immediate attention during critical moments of their recovery process.
Are There Any Free Detox Centers in North Dakota?
There are free detox centers in North Dakota that offer help with drug and alcohol addiction. However, many of these facilities are operated by non-profits, especially faith-based organizations, and they don’t always offer the latest treatment methods. Some facilities may also require you to donate your time and services in exchange for care.
At Zinnia Health, we understand that overcoming addiction is difficult and overwhelming. We offer hope by providing a safe, healing environment where individuals can recover from the effects of drug and alcohol abuse. Call our 24-hour hotline at (855) 430-9439 today.