Phenibut Detox: How to Detox Safely
How to Detox From Phenibut Safely
Phenibut is an unregulated drug touted for cognition-enhancing benefits. It was developed in Russia in the 1960s and is often used by people self-medicating for anxiety, insomnia, and general tension.
While few clinical trials exist, evidence suggests that Phenibut tolerance can build in as little as one week, which can lead to addiction.
For someone seeking addiction treatment, phenibut detox is the first step to recovery.
If you or someone you love is suffering from phenibut addiction, Zinnia Healing can help. Our caring team can answer your questions. Just call us at (855) 430-9439 to have a confidential conversation about your treatment options.
What Is a Phenibut Detox?
Once physical dependence on a drug like phenibut forms, you can’t simply stop taking the drug “cold turkey.” Physical dependence means that the body must adapt to no longer having it in its system, which happens in a phase referred to as withdrawal.
The phenibut withdrawal period is the necessary first step in recovering from a substance use disorder (SUD), but it can be very uncomfortable.
To help manage the side effects of phenibut withdrawal, individuals can participate in an inpatient or outpatient medical detox. A medical detox involves having medical professionals monitor the withdrawal process.
hey will ensure the person’s overall well-being while also helping to prevent relapse and the risk of phenibut overdose, which is heightened during withdrawal.
Depending on an individual’s needs and whether they are suffering from other addictions, mental health conditions, or other challenges, treatment centers may work to minimize the withdrawal symptoms as part of the detoxification process.
This might involve counseling and medications to help you recover more comfortably, increasing your chances of long-term success.
If you have questions about the available treatment options, Zinnia Healing can give you answers. Reach out to our team at (855) 430-9439 for more information.
How Long Will a Phenibut Detox Last?
The withdrawal symptoms of phenibut use are wide-ranging. The drug may affect certain individuals differently.
Since little formal research has been done into the drug, it’s impossible to know exactly what the withdrawal process will look like. However, phenibut is chemically similar to gabapentin, so similarities can be drawn between the two, with symptoms surfacing as soon as 12 hours following your last dose, and lasting for roughly 10-14 days.
However, a person who uses phenibut in higher doses is likely to experience more severe withdrawal side effects.
What Are the Withdrawal Symptoms During a Phenibut Detox?
The most commonly noted side effects of phenibut withdrawal include:
- Trouble concentrating
- Hallucinations and delusions
- Agitation and mood swings
In the event that someone is recovering from phenibut addiction while facing a mental health disorder (like post-traumatic stress disorder), extra care must be taken.
Withdrawal can trigger anxiety, depression, hallucinations, and delusions, all of which can have a negative impact on mental health.
What Types of Treatment Are Used During a Phenibut Detox?
At Zinnia Healing, we understand the complex interactions between drug addiction, psychiatry, and physical health.
Our caring staff is experienced in helping individuals with substance use disorder overcome addiction and get on the path to lasting recovery.
A Phenibut detox at our facilities will include the following:
- Customized treatment plan
- Holistic approach to recovery
- Caring, professional staff who can help you cope with withdrawal symptoms
- Specialized treatment to address substance use and mental health conditions at once
- Emerging therapies, including music therapy, to support you on your journey
Can You Detox From Home or Not?
Not all treatment programs are created equal. If you’re looking for a drug rehab center, it’s important to seek a team that has experience managing severe withdrawal symptoms and substance abuse of all kinds, including nootropics like phenibut.
It is not typically recommended to detox from phenibut at home due to the severity of withdrawal symptoms.
Instead, research a reputable phenibut detox center and keep these considerations in mind when deciding on one.
- Ask if they have experience with phenibut or other nootropics, like kratom, that don’t have many case reports around them. Experience with these drugs will help them give you the best care possible.
- If you’re using other substances, ask if they specialize in them. For instance, opioid and alcohol withdrawal look very different from phenibut withdrawal, so it’s important to find a confident team that can provide the support you need.
- If you’ve been diagnosed with a mental health condition (anxiety, depression, PTSD, etc.) or you think you may have one, ask if they are knowledgeable about helping clients with a dual diagnosis.
- Inquire about the support services they can provide to you. You should look for a facility capable of providing a mix of services, including behavioral therapy, talk therapy, and group meetings.
- Drug addiction is unique to every individual, so confirm that the facility will develop a customized treatment plan based on your needs.
If you or a loved one is using smart drugs like phenibut, it’s important to recognize that an unregulated drug is not a safe drug. Seeking help is the first and hardest step on the path to recovery.
How to Find a Phenibut Detox Center Near Me
Zinnia Healing has rehab programs in several states, making it easy to find a phenibut detox center near you.
The best way to find the nearest detox facility is through the locations page on our website or by calling our support line. Zinnia Healing rehab facilities offer residential treatment for those looking to detox under full-time care.
Choosing a rehab program isn’t a matter of finding the rehab center that’s closest to you. Phenibut addiction impacts everyone differently and finding personalized help for you or your loved one is critical to ensuring long-term success.
By taking a holistic approach to your treatment program, we’ll not only support you through the initial detox period, but we’ll help you get the tools you need to transition back to a healthier, happier everyday life.
Recovering from phenibut addiction takes personalized treatment. Zinnia Healing can help you get it. Contact us at (855) 430-9439 to learn more about phenibut addiction and recovery.