How to Detox From Percocet Safely
Percocet is an opioid-based medication that relieves moderate to severe pain; however, it can be addictive and cause dependence if taken for long periods or in large doses.
You should seek professional help from a detox center immediately if you or someone you know is struggling with a Percocet addiction.
This article will provide an overview of Percocet and the detox process.
The most important step you can take if your addiction to Percocet is unmanageable is to ask for professional help. Zinnia Health is a highly-rated addiction treatment center that will provide individualized care and support during your recovery process. If you’re looking for a team that listens to your concerns and help you achieve success in sobriety, call us at (855) 430-9439.
What is a Percocet Detox?
At a Percocet detox center, healthcare professionals provide comprehensive care tailored to your needs. A team of specialists will work closely with you throughout the recovery process, providing personalized assessments and treatments designed to meet your unique goals.
In addition to treating opioid withdrawal symptoms, therapists may offer behavioral therapies, such as cognitive-behavioral therapy, to help you develop new coping strategies and learn how to live a healthier lifestyle.
Additionally, Percocet detox centers can provide access to medication-assisted treatment (MAT) if needed.
MAT combines medications with counseling and support services to reduce cravings and withdrawal symptoms while helping you stay on track with your recovery goals.
How Long Will a Percocet Detox Last?
You can expect to spend anywhere from 5-10 days in a Percocet detox program.
Percocet withdrawal symptoms typically surface 6-12 hours following your last dose, and peak at 72 hours.
However, post-acute withdrawal symptoms can last for months, and even years, depending on the severity of your addiction.
Inpatient Percocet detox is recommended to monitor these symptoms and provide you with a healthy, structured support system.
What Are the Withdrawal Symptoms During a Percocet Detox?
Quitting a drug like Percocet may seem simple to many people, but it’s not. The withdrawal process can be uncomfortable and dangerous without professional guidance.
Percocet withdrawal symptoms can range from mild to severe and may include:
- Muscle aches and pains
- Intense cravings
- Runny nose
What Types of Treatment Are Used During a Percocet Detox?
Percocet detox is a process of gradually withdrawing from the drug in a clinical setting and under medical supervision. Here is an overview of what you can expect during an inpatient or outpatient detox program.
- Medical Evaluation: A comprehensive medical evaluation is the first step in any detox program. This will help the staff assess your physical and mental health to personalize your treatment options.
- Stabilizing Withdrawal Symptoms: Depending on your individual needs, a doctor may prescribe medications to prevent or reduce withdrawal symptoms, such as nausea, vomiting, insomnia and muscle aches.
- Detoxification: This step involves completely removing all substances from the body. During this process, staying well-hydrated and getting plenty of rest is essential.
- Behavioral Therapies: Through behavioral therapies, you will learn how to manage cravings and identify triggers that could lead to relapse in recovery.
- Educational Sessions: You will also have access to educational sessions focusing on addiction and recovery. These therapy sessions can help you understand the challenges of drug addiction and develop an effective plan to build a sober lifestyle.
Can You Detox from Percocet at Home or Not?
Regardless of the severity of your addiction, it is highly advised not to try and quit by yourself at home. Percocet detox centers offer many benefits, including:
- Structured environment with 24/7 monitoring
- Medical attention, taper medications, and supervision as needed
- Therapy and support from professionals
- Safe, drug-free environment to focus on recovery
- Individualized treatment plans based on your unique needs
How to Find a Percocet Detox Center Near Me
If you are struggling with Percocet addiction, seeking help is essential for your physical and emotional health. Addiction to Percocet can take a toll on the body and cause serious medical complications.
Zinnia Health has made it easy to find an Percocet detox center near you. We offer addiction treatment programs at facilities around the country.
To find one near you, click here and type in the kind of treatment you’re looking for and your state.
It’s important to understand that no two individuals will have the same experience when recovering from an addiction to this drug. That’s why finding a specialized treatment facility near you is so important.
Detoxing off Percocet can be difficult, but individuals can recover successfully with the proper support and resources.
If you need help figuring out where to start contact Zinnia Health at (855) 430-9439. Our staff members can help guide you through the opioid addiction detox process and support you every step of the way. We’re committed to assisting individuals in finding a pathway out of addiction, so they can start living healthier, happier lives.