How to Detox From Hydrocodone Safely
Hydrocodone is a powerful opioid drug commonly prescribed to relieve moderate to severe pain. It has a high potential for addiction and abuse, so it is essential to know what the detox process involves if you have become dependent on this medication.
This article will explain the risks associated with hydrocodone use, the detox process, and how to find a local hydrocodone detox center near you.
If your hydrocodone use has become problematic, you may be at risk of experiencing opiate withdrawal symptoms that affect your mental, emotional and physical health. Zinnia Health is a leading hydrocodone detox center that can help you through this challenging process safely and effectively. Contact us today at (855) 430-9439 to find out more.
What is a Hydrocodone Detox?
The exact course of treatment for a hydrocodone detox program will depend on your individual needs. Generally, a detox program will involve the following treatment services:
- Initial assessment: Your healthcare provider will conduct a physical and mental health assessment to determine the extent of your drug addiction, medical needs, and co-occurring disorders.
- Medically monitored detox: You may be prescribed medications like buprenorphine or methadone to reduce your hydrocodone use and manage withdrawal symptoms gradually. You’ll also receive ongoing medical supervision during the detox to ensure your safety and comfort.
- Therapy: Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) is often used with medications to help change the thoughts and behaviors contributing to addiction. Other therapy techniques may also be used, such as Motivational Interviewing (MI), attachment-based therapies, and Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT).
- Aftercare planning: Your rehab program will end with an aftercare plan to help you maintain sobriety once the program is complete. This ongoing support may include continued therapy and medications as well as referrals for support groups, sober housing, job training, etc.
How Long Will a Hydrocodone Detox Last?
Hydrocodone withdrawal symptoms, as with other opioids, typically begin within 6-12 hours of taking the last dose, peaks at around 72 hours, and can last for two weeks to one month.
A hydrocodone detox program usually lasts between 5-10 days, depending on the severity of your symptoms. Factors like how much hydrocodone you have been taking, how often, and for how long can affect your withdrawal timeline.
What Are the Withdrawal Symptoms During a Hydrocodone Detox?
During a hydrocodone detox, symptoms can vary. However, \some common hydrocodone withdrawal symptoms include:
- Vomiting and nausea
- Cold or flu-like symptoms, such as a runny nose and muscle or joint aches
- Fever, including chills and goosebumps
- Digestive problems, including diarrhea
- Mood changes or swings
- Sleep problems, including difficulty falling asleep or feeling extremely fatigued
- Anxiety and feeling nervous or having trouble relaxing
- Cravings and intense desire to use hydrocodone
- Profuse sweating
What Types of Treatment Are Used During a Hydrocodone Detox?
Instead of attempting to go through this alone, finding a reliable hydrocodone detox center that can provide the support and medication needed for a safe transition is essential.
A medical detox center has many benefits, including:
- It is medically supervised environment to help prevent complications during detox.
- Staff at the medical detox center are experienced in managing cravings or withdrawal symptoms and providing support.
- You get access to medication-assisted treatment (MAT), which can help reduce the severity of withdrawal symptoms.
- You’ll receive nutritional support and education on healthy eating habits.
- Your program will be individualized and designed for your specific needs.
No two detox programs are the same, so it’s essential to do your research and find one that meets your specific needs. Consider things like:
- Treatment length: The detox duration varies from person to person and depends on the severity of your addiction. Some treatment plans can last anywhere from a few days to several weeks.
- Accreditation: Make sure you choose an accredited program with qualified medical staff specializing in treating substance use disorder.
- History of success: Inquire about the facility’s previous clients and ask if they have any positive feedback to share.
- Specializations: Some facilities specialize in certain drugs or treatment modalities, so make sure your chosen program fits your needs.
Selecting the right rehab center can be challenging, but it’s worth the effort. While many centers can provide you with the care and support needed for a successful recovery, finding a team that makes you feel comfortable and safe can make all the difference.
Can You Detox from Hydrocodone at Home or Not?
Due to the severity of withdrawal symptoms, it is not recommended to detox from hydrocodone at home.
Doctors and nurses are able to administer an opioid taper and other medications to ease in withdrawal symptoms during a medical detox.
If you are prescribed hydrocodone through your doctor, you may be able to discuss a gradual taper with them. However, it is extremely important that you are honest with them if you have been abusing your medication or mixing it with other substances.
Hydrocodone detox and treatment programs provide medical and psychological care to help people detox safely and begin recovery.
How to Find an Oxycodone Detox Center Near Me
Due to the stigma associated with addiction, many people don’t seek help for their struggles. However, vocalizing your concerns to a trusted friend or family member is an essential first step. Having someone to talk to and lean on can help provide emotional support and make the journey to recovery less daunting.
The next step is to seek professional help. Depending on the severity of your dependence, detoxing from the drug may require inpatient or outpatient treatment.
Zinnia Health has locations throughout the country and is one of the top hydrocodone detox centers.
If you are looking for the nearest location to you, Zinnia Health has a list of local detox facilities and addresses on our website. You can also contact us through our 24/7 hotline.
Zinnia Health has the necessary tools, staff, and nurturing environment to ensure you have a safe place for rehabilitation and to prevent a hydrocodone relapse.
With so many options available, it can be difficult to find the right hydrocodone addiction treatment center near you. If you feel overwhelmed by the process, consider reaching out to Zinnia Health for help. Our team of compassionate professionals is experienced in helping individuals find the best detox programs to fit their needs. Contact us today at (855) 430-9439 for more information about how we can assist you in living a healthier, happier life.