Motivational Alcohol Recovery Quotes
These 16 alcohol addiction and recovery quotes will motivate you to believe in yourself, rise above failure, never stop trying, and take the road to recovery.
Curbing your drinking habit is no easy task, but there are many ways to fight alcohol dependence. While willpower alone might not be enough, inspirational quotes can improve your self-esteem.
According to a resource published by the U.S. Department of Justice, low self-esteem is associated with substance abuse, including alcohol. So, it stands to reason that addiction quotes may give you that little extra push you need to keep going.
If you’ve been looking for ways to feel more motivated to control your drinking or wondering what to say to encourage a recovering alcoholic, look no further. We’ve gathered inspirational quotes to help you along the recovery journey.
Are you or a loved one struggling with alcoholism? At Zinnia Healing, you can take advantage of our different treatment program levels, including detoxification, inpatient treatment, outpatient treatment, and sober living. For more information, you can reach our alcohol hotline available 24 hours per day at (855) 430-9439.
Motivational Recovery Quotes About Believing in Yourself
About 18 million adults in the United States have alcohol use disorder (AUD), according to the National Library of Medicine. AUD is a disease that causes you to crave alcoholic beverages.
You may be unable to control yourself because you feel anxious or irritable when you’re not drinking. The decision to get help starts with believing in yourself. The only one who can take that first step for you is you.
- “The beginning is perhaps more difficult than anything else, but keep heart; it will turn out all right.” ― Vincent Van Gogh
- “The only person you are destined to become is the person you decide to be.” ― Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “Believe you can, and you’re halfway there.” ― Theodore Roosevelt
- “Your beliefs become your thoughts, your thoughts become your words, your words become your actions, your actions become your habits, your habits become your values, your values become your destiny.” ― Mahatma Gandhi
Addiction Recovery Quotes About Rising Above Failure
It’s challenging to fight alcohol addiction because it affects your brain’s reward center. When you drink, it can make you feel less anxious or handle social situations. When you stop drinking, the opposite happens as you experience withdrawal symptoms.
You’ll start craving alcohol to avoid those negative feelings, and the cycle of alcohol addiction repeats itself over and over.
The National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism (NIAAA) refers to AUD as a chronic relapsing disorder. If you continue to hit rock bottom, you’ve got to get back up and stay up.
- “Failure is a detour, not a dead-end street.” ― Zig Ziglar
- “Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising up every time we fail.” ― Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “Remember, just because you hit bottom doesn’t mean you have to stay there.” ― Robert Downey Jr
- “Experience has taught me that there is one chief reason why some people succeed and others fail. The difference is not one of knowing but of doing. The successful man is not so superior in ability as in action. So far as success can be reduced to a formula, it consists of this: doing what you know you should do.” ― Roger Babson
We understand how hard it can be to control your drinking habit. That’s why we have Zinnia Healing treatment facilities throughout the United States. You can search for a rehab center near you or contact us for assistance.
Inspirational Quotes About Never Giving Up
Alcohol can negatively affect your health and well-being, which is why the National Institutes of Health (NIH) produced the Rethinking Drinking website.
Many signs and symptoms reveal that drinking alcohol may do more harm than good, such as spending a lot of time drinking, letting drinking interfere with taking care of your responsibilities, and so on.
The extent to which you have addiction varies from mild AUD (2 to 3 symptoms) to moderate AUD (4 to 5 symptoms) to severe AUD (6 or more symptoms).
Regardless of where you stand, excessive drinking can lead to unpleasant consequences, including health problems, birth defects during pregnancy, injuries, and even death. The good news is that alcoholism is treatable.
- “It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop.” ― Confucius
- “Courage isn’t having the strength to go on ― it’s going on when you have no strength.” ― Napoleon Bonaparte
- “Whether you think you can, or you think you can’t―you’re right.” ― Henry Ford
- “I can’t imagine how anyone can say: “I’m weak,” and then remain so. After all, if you know it, why not fight against it, why not try to train your character? The answer was: “Because it’s so much easier not to!” ― Anne Frank
Recovery Quotes About Alcohol Addiction Recovery
Evidence has proven that several approaches are effective at treating alcohol dependency. These include medications, behavioral therapy, and support groups.
According to the WV Office of Drug Control Policy, people with AUD aren’t taking advantage of treatment centers: less than 10% received any treatment, and less than 4% were prescribed an FDA-approved medication in the past year.
You may be avoiding getting help for any reason, including these common barriers to substance use disorder treatment. Remember, it’s going to be worth it and have a bearing on the rest of your life.
- “Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending.” ― Carl Bard
- “Nothing in the world is worth having or worth doing unless it means effort, pain, difficulty… I have never in my life envied a human being who led an easy life. I have envied a great many people who led difficult lives and led them well.” ― Theodore Roosevelt
- “Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out.” ― Robert Collier
- “If you can quit for a day, you can quit for a lifetime.” ― Benjamin Alire Sáenz
Get the Help You Need For Alcohol Recovery Today
While addiction recovery quotes can work wonders for boosting your self-esteem, alcohol is a highly addictive drug that’s difficult to stop using.
Alcoholism can be a dark place to live in, but you’re not alone. Well over 1 million people seek treatment for their substance use disorder ― and you can too.
Zinnia Healing offers a wide range of alcohol use disorder treatment programs, making it easy to get the help you need. We can develop a recovery plan that’s customized just for you. Get started by speaking to one of our alcohol addiction professionals at (855) 430-9439 today ― we’re standing by 24/7.