Mississippi Rehab Centers for Drugs & Alcohol
There are over 80 licensed rehab facilities across the state of Mississippi, all dedicated to helping individuals overcome substance use with proven treatment programs. These rehab centers offer both inpatient and outpatient programs, including residential care.
Cost is a common concern for those seeking help with addiction, but it should not stop you from getting the services you need. Whether or not you have insurance, your treatment may not cost you anything out of pocket. State-run facilities also offer free programs to eligible individuals.
Do you have questions about addiction treatment in Mississippi? Call Zinnia Health today at (855) 430-9439 to connect with an addiction specialist. Our helpline is open 24/7 to connect you with free, confidential information about your treatment options.
How Many Rehab Centers Are Available in Mississippi?
There are currently 84 registered substance use disorder facilities in the state of Mississippi, according to FindTreatment.gov. Of those, 22 facilities offer residential treatment in a home-like setting, while 66 offer outpatient programs. Only 10 of these facilities offer hospitalization with intensive 24/7 care.
Where in Mississippi Are Rehab Treatment Centers Located?
You can access confidential addiction treatment no matter where you live in Mississippi. You can join an inpatient program to avoid commutes or work with an outpatient facility coordinating with local providers. Some facilities also offer treatment via telehealth, so you can heal from the comfort of your home.
Many rehab centers in the state are located around the following:
- Jackson: There are 19 registered treatment centers around Jackson, with 5 of them offering a residential treatment program.
- Gulfport: There are two registered treatment centers in Gulfport, both offering outpatient programs and one offering residential treatment.
- Southaven: There are about 30 registered treatment centers in the Southaven area, with over 10 of them offering residential programs.
How to Choose the Best Rehab in Mississippi for You?
Your support network means everything during addiction recovery. Whether or not you have family or friends to support you during the recovery process, the specialists and peers you find through a rehab center can completely transform your experience and put you on the path to lasting recovery.
When choosing a facility, keep the following in mind.
- Do you have any co-occurring disorders that would benefit from specialized behavioral health? This would include mental health disorders like depression and anxiety.
- Are there any specific needs you would like addressed in your treatment plans, such as group therapy with your family or loved ones?
- What length of stay are you planning for? Inpatient rehab generally lasts a month or more, while outpatient rehab can last three months or more.
- Are you planning to commute to a treatment facility, or would you like a flexible rehab program where you can get help locally or through telehealth services?
- Do you need to find a substance abuse treatment center that accepts private health insurance or offers payment options?
- Would you enjoy going to a recovery center that uses experiential therapies, like music therapy? Would you like services beyond healthcare to be available on-site?
Zinnia Health has multiple rehab centers in Florida, about a three-hour flight from Mississippi. These facilities provide inpatient and outpatient treatment in a home-like environment with around-the-clock support from medical staff and recovery specialists.
Does Insurance Cover Drug & Alcohol Rehab in Mississippi?
Addiction recovery services are considered an “essential benefit,” meaning all insurance providers must help cover at least some of the program costs. However, the type of plan you have will dictate how much coverage you are entitled to and whether or not insurance will cover things like experiential therapies.
If you have a private insurance policy, you are entitled to benefits that will help pay for the cost of your addiction treatment. However, these benefits may be suspended if you have not been paying your premiums or if you have not met your annual deductible.
If you are in good standing with your insurance company, you may still need to meet the following requirements:
- Receive treatment from an accredited facility, which may need to be in-network.
- Avoid experiential therapies and use only evidence-based treatment methods in your plan.
- Cap your inpatient detox or rehab stay to a certain number of days, often 30, to avoid additional out-of-pocket costs.
- Request prior authorizations for most services before they are provided to you, which can take 5-10 business days for approval.
The admissions specialist at the facility you’re considering can help answer your questions about insurance coverage and even talk to your insurance provider on your behalf to get you the information you need.
The Marketplace offers a few different plan types, each covering a different amount of your addiction recovery-related expenses. If you aren’t sure what type of plan you have, you should log in to the portal or call your insurance company to find out.
- Bronze plans cover 60% of expenses
- Silver plans cover 70% of expenses
- Gold plans cover 80% of expenses
- Platinum plans cover 90% of expenses
When looking at these numbers, remember that it’s not the whole picture. You may also need to factor in copays and annual deductibles. Additionally, there may be other limits or restrictions on your treatment. For instance, experiential therapies may not be covered at all.
Medicare and Medicaid
Government-funded health insurance programs like Medicaid and Medicare are designed to provide coverage for vulnerable groups of people, especially those who can’t get insurance by other means. However, not having insurance coverage does not make you eligible by default.
You may be able to get Medicaid if you’re:
- Under the age of 19
- Over the age of 65
- Parenting a minor
- In a specified income range
You may be able to get Medicare if you’re:
- Over the age of 65
Do All Rehab Centers in Mississippi Treat Alcohol & Drug Addiction?
Not all rehab centers in Mississippi treat addiction. Out of 189 facilities, only 84 offer addiction treatment services, and only some of them offer both inpatient and outpatient programs.
If you have a specific type of facility or program in mind, make sure you ask questions about the services provided. For instance, if you hope to participate in an outpatient program with the option of telehealth appointments, only some facilities in the state provide them.
How to Find a Drug & Alcohol Rehab Treatment Help Near You
- Free Addiction Recovery Hotlines in Mississippi
- Alcoholics Anonymous Meeting Guide from SAMHSA
- Certified Community Behavioral Health Clinics
- Alcohol and Drug Services in Mississippi
What Is the Typical Cost of Rehab in Mississippi?
There is no way to average the cost of addiction treatment in Mississippi, as everyone’s path looks different. Inpatient hospitalization is generally the most expensive option, while outpatient programs are the most affordable, but cost should not be the deciding factor.
Even if you don’t think you can afford addiction treatment, you will never be turned away. If you ask for help, the services you need will be provided to you. Protecting your mental and physical health is the top priority.
If you have the resources to do so, privately funding your addiction treatment in Mississippi will give you the most options regarding programs and facilities. If you are not counting on insurance or grants to help cover your costs, then you can choose any facility you want.
Some of the ways that you can garner private funding for addiction treatment include:
- Withdrawing money from checking, savings, and investing accounts
- Taking an early withdrawal out of your retirement accounts
- Asking for contributions from friends and family members
- Taking out a personal loan or equity loan on your home
If you have to go into debt to privately fund your care, it may not be worth it, especially since most facilities offer some sort of low-interest financing. However, if freedom of choice is your top priority, then private funding is your best option.
Grant programs provided by the federal government and the state of Mississippi can help cover some or all of your addiction treatment costs if you’re eligible. One of the most well-known programs is the SAMHSA block grant, which is not given to individuals but rather to facilities.
SAMHSA block grants and similar programs are most likely to provide assistance to:
- Pregnant women
- Primary caregivers to children (especially young children)
- People using intravenous substances
- People suffering from tuberculosis
- People at increased risk of contracting HIV/AIDS
Whether or not you think you qualify for a grant program, you can call the helpline at Zinnia Health by dialing (855) 430-9439 to help locate low-cost treatment options available to you.
Rehab centers across Mississippi sometimes offer payment plans to help people who do not have other means of paying for their treatment.
A payment plan may be available to you if:
- You do not have insurance coverage, or your insurance will only pay for a portion of your expenses
- You do not qualify for a grant program, or a grant will only pay for a portion of your expenses
- You do not have the ability to pay for your treatment up-front
If you have any concerns about paying for your treatment, don’t hesitate to ask about a payment plan. Even if the facility does not offer in-house financing, they likely have connections with third-party lenders who can finance your treatment.
Before accepting a payment plan, make sure to check the interest rate, late fees, and other details. Always compare the fine print to the terms you could get with a personal loan or other forms of financing outside the facility.
What is the Rehab Hotline to Call for Mississippi?
If you’re looking for addiction recovery programs in Mississippi, dial (855) 430-9439 to connect with a specialist at Zinnia Health. This helpline is always open to provide you with information about addiction treatment and recovery. If you’re experiencing a crisis, call 911 instead.
Can You Detox in Mississippi?
There are multiple detox programs throughout the state of Mississippi, all of which can help you quit using drugs or alcohol. You can participate in an inpatient detox at any hospital or at a dedicated detox center. You can also detox as an outpatient by attending appointments with specialists, either in person or virtually.
Is Detox the Same as Rehab?
The detox process is the first step in recovering from drug or alcohol addiction. Detoxification generally lasts 3 to 10 days, during which a person gets help managing the most severe symptoms of withdrawal. After the detox process, a person will be ready to start rehab, which is when they begin to understand the causes of their addiction, manage cravings, and get on the path to lasting sobriety.
How Long Does a Typical Stay at a Detox Center in Mississippi Last?
Detoxing from drugs or alcohol generally takes 3 to 10 days, but the process can take longer, depending on the severity of your withdrawal symptoms. It’s important to remember that a medical detox does not cure your addiction, but it is a crucial first step in quitting substance use for good.
Are There Emergency Detox Centers in Mississippi?
Emergency detox programs can be found throughout Mississippi at any hospital or emergency room. Some urgent care centers can also help you start or continue the detox process. There are also dedicated addiction treatment centers that offer same-day admissions into their detox and recovery programs.
Are There Any Free Detox Centers in Mississippi?
There are free detox centers across Mississippi, but non-profits often operate these facilities, and they do not always employ evidence-based treatment methods. Before enrolling in a free detox center, ask about their programs and any requirements for care, as many of these centers ask participants to donate up to 40 hours each week to receive treatment.
Do you know what kind of treatment program is right for you? The best way to find out is to talk to an admissions specialist for answers to your questions. If you’d like more information, call Zinnia Health at (855) 430-9439.