Louisiana Rehab Centers for Drugs & Alcohol
There are over one hundred addiction recovery centers across Louisiana that provide a mix of inpatient and outpatient programs. Telehealth services are also available to those who cannot commute to appointments. If you’re concerned about costs, there are free and affordable recovery options available. For instance, even if you don’t have insurance, the cost of your treatment may be covered by a grant program.
Do you have questions about addiction treatment in Louisiana? Call Zinnia Health today at (855) 430-9439 to connect with an addiction specialist. Our helpline is open 24/7 to connect you with free, confidential information about your treatment options.
How Many Rehab Centers are Available in Louisiana?
There are currently 159 registered substance use disorder facilities in Louisiana, according to FindTreatment.gov. Of those, 42 facilities offer residential treatment in a home-like setting, while 130 offer outpatient programs. Only 22 of these facilities offer hospitalization with intensive 24/7 care.
Where in Louisiana Are Rehab Treatment Centers Located?
Many drug rehab centers in Louisiana are centered around the more populated areas, such as:
- Baton Rouge: There are 24 recovery centers around Baton Rouge, which is one of the most lively areas in the whole state. Those recovering here will have no shortage of amenities.
- Lafayette: There are 17 recovery centers in the Lafayette area, which is close to the coast and just up the highway from Baton Rouge by about 50 miles.
- New Orleans: There are 20 recovery centers around New Orleans, which is right on the Mississippi River. Multiple sober living homes and support groups are also in this area to provide support, especially for those in intensive outpatient programs.
- Shreveport: There are 16 recovery centers around Shreveport, which is in northwest Louisiana. Three of these substance abuse treatment centers offer residential drug and alcohol treatment and 14 offer outpatient programs.
In rural areas, outpatient rehab is possible by supplementing local services with telehealth appointments. Over 220 of the recovery centers across Louisiana offer some form of telehealth or telemedicine service for those who can’t get to appointments on-site.
Zinnia Health’s facilities are located in Florida, which is only a 12-hour drive or a two-hour flight. These facilities offer mental health services in addition to specialized treatment for drug and alcohol addiction. With dedicated rehab facilities across Florida, Zinnia Health provides inpatient care with private rooms in a residential environment along with outpatient treatment services.
How to Choose the Best Rehab in Louisiana for You?
There are more addiction treatment options available today than ever before. Decades of addiction research have given treatment professionals insight into how to effectively address substance use and support individuals through recovery. As such, you should take the time to understand how facilities and programs differ before selecting one.
- Gather Information: No two addiction treatment centers offer the same services, which is why you need to consider the facilities around your area and use a tool like findtreatment.gov to compare services. If you have insurance, you should ask your provider what coverage you have for addiction services.
- Get Support: It can be tough to choose a facility, so involve your loved ones if you can. There are also community programs that can help, especially for young adults. Your healthcare provider can help you coordinate services as well.
- Ask Questions: Once you have narrowed down your list of facilities, ask questions about payment options, services, and amenities. You need to work with a recovery center that cares about your long-term success beyond the structured substance use treatment program.
Factors to Consider
With so many options out there, like the choice between structured inpatient treatment programs and different experiential therapies, you need to be able to make an informed decision. Different facilities offer different programs, so here are some aspects to think about when choosing a treatment provider:
- Do you prefer a holistic approach, such as incorporating family counseling?
- Are you interested in a faith-based or spiritual program?
- Would you like to try experiential therapies, like music therapy?
- Would you rather remain living at home or stay in a dedicated facility?
- Are you dealing with any mental health disorders that could complicate your treatment?
Does Insurance Cover Drug & Alcohol Rehab in Louisiana?
If you have health insurance, your provider must cover at least some of the costs of addiction treatment as the Affordable Care Act (ACA) of 2010 made it an “essential benefit.” However, the amount covered and the specific types of services — such as telehealth appointments — vary depending on your insurance and plan.
Private health insurance will pay for at least some of your addiction recovery services, but there is no standard amount. In order to know exactly what your insurance will pay on your behalf, you’re going to need to reach out to them and ask or have a facility do so for you.
Consider the following:
- If you have not paid your premiums, addiction treatment services may not be covered until you catch up on your past-due payments.
- Your insurance company may require prior authorization for certain services in order to cover them.
- If you have not met your annual deductible yet, you may have to pay out-of-pocket for care until you do.
It’s very rare to be denied any coverage for addiction treatment, but there may be limits. For instance, many private insurers don’t cover experiential treatments, but it’s always best to talk directly to your provider so you understand your benefits.
If you purchased your insurance plan through the Federal Marketplace, there are certain guarantees made to you about your coverage. For instance, you’ll never have to wait for your rehab benefits to become available; you’ll have coverage from the day your plan begins.
The plan you select will determine how much coverage you receive, just like with private insurance. However, Marketplace plans are far more standardized. When it comes to the cost of addiction rehab services, the benefits schedule is as follows:
- Bronze plans cover 60% of expenses
- Silver plans cover 70% of expenses
- Gold plans cover 80% of expenses
- Platinum plans cover 90% of expenses
If you have a Catastrophic plan, it will also cover 60% of your expenses, but these plans are only available to people under 30 and those in certain extenuating circumstances.
Medicare and Medicaid
If you qualify for Medicare or Medicaid, some or all of your addiction treatment costs may be covered. These programs have different eligibility requirements, but they generally are available to people in the following groups.
Medicaid is available to you if you’re:
- Under the age of 19
- Over the age of 65
- Parenting a minor
- In a specified income range
Medicare is available to you if you’re:
- Over the age of 65
Keep in mind that Medicare and Medicaid, like all types of insurance, have limits. For instance, short-term stays may be covered (like the initial detox), whereas longer-term treatment might have to take place through an outpatient program.
Do All Rehab Centers in Louisiana Treat Alcohol & Drug Addiction?
Not all rehab centers in Louisiana treat addiction. Out of 286 facilities, only 159 offer addiction treatment services. Additionally, not all rehab centers offer the same level of care when it comes to addiction recovery. Some specialize in alcohol use, while others treat all kinds of addictive disorders, including gambling.
Some rehab centers in Louisiana are hospitals, while others are residential facilities. Meanwhile, some treatment facilities strictly offer outpatient services. With this in mind, it’s important that you don’t simply choose the facility closest to you but that you take the time to explore your options thoroughly.
How to Find a Drug & Alcohol Rehab Treatment Help Near You
- Alcoholics Anonymous (AA) meetings in Louisiana
- Narcotics Anonymous meetings in Louisiana
- Louisiana Department of Health at (877) 664-2248
- Healthy Louisiana at (855) 229-6848
- Louisiana Addiction Research Center (LARC)
The Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) also offers free resources to help you find the rehabilitation center that’s right for you.
What is the Typical Cost of Rehab in Louisiana?
The cost of addiction treatment varies depending on the type of program you choose. For instance, outpatient programs are significantly cheaper than inpatient programs, but they do not provide the same level of support.
According to the National Center for Drug Abuse Statistics, the total average cost of drug rehabilitation is $13,475 per person. However, this figure can be higher or lower depending on things like whether you pursue medication-assisted treatment or not.
- Outpatient treatment costs $1,000 to $10,000 per month on average
- Inpatient/residential treatment costs $6,000 to $30,000 per month on average
- Luxury rehabs usually start at $30,000 per month
Ultimately, you should not let cost be the deciding factor in your treatment path, as insurance coverage, grants, payment plans, and other resources can help you cover some or all of the costs of treatment. Free support groups and state-funded programs also exist to help you or your loved one through recovery.
You may be eligible for payment assistance, and the easiest way to find out is to speak directly with an addiction specialist. You can call the helpline at Zinnia Health by dialing (855) 430-9439 to learn more about grant programs and availability.
What is the Rehab Hotline to Call for Louisiana?
If you’re looking for rehab programs in Louisiana, dial (855) 430-9439 to connect with an addiction specialist at Zinnia Health. This free helpline is available 24/7 to assist you with questions about insurance and the recovery process. If you’re experiencing a crisis, call 911 instead.
Can You Detox in Louisiana?
Detox centers are available across Louisiana to help those trying to quit drugs or alcohol. Detoxing at home is possible, but it’s important to enlist the help of specialists who can help you identify and manage withdrawal symptoms and cravings. Inpatient, outpatient, and telehealth detox programs are available.
Is Detox the Same as Rehab?
Detoxification is only the first step in the drug abuse recovery process. The goal of detox is to help a person through the initial withdrawal symptoms, which can be uncomfortable and dangerous. After completing the detox period (which typically lasts 3 to 10 days), a person is ready to enroll in a long-term recovery program, which will help them understand the reasons for their addiction and learn to resist cravings.
How Long Does a Typical Stay at a Detox Center in Louisiana Last?
The detoxification process typically takes 3 to 10 days, but it can take longer for heavy users, especially when opioids and benzodiazepines are involved. Generally, detox is considered complete when the substance has been cleared from the system, and the majority of withdrawal symptoms have subsided.
Are There Emergency Detox Centers in Louisiana?
There are emergency detox centers throughout Louisiana that can help you immediately if you’re ready to start or continue the detox process. All hospitals in Louisiana can admit you as an inpatient, and you can then transition to a residential or outpatient program after one or two weeks. There are also a few rehab centers across the state that offer same-day admission.
Are There Any Free Detox Centers in Louisiana?
There are detox centers in Louisiana where you can go to get help with addiction at no cost to you. These centers are typically non-profits and often faith-based. For instance, the Salvation Army offers a recovery program for those willing to work 40 hours a week sorting donations. However, these programs might not always adhere to the latest standards of treatment, so it’s important to ask questions before enrolling.